The reputation of the RP4 research into organisational causes of accidents is world renowned, with RP4 program leader A/Prof. Jan Hayes providing key note lectures at major international conferences, including the International Pipeline Conference (IPC) and the Joint Technical Meeting (JTM).
Research increased awareness and understanding of organisational causes of pipeline accidents that occurred overseas or in other sectors, reducing the risk of similar problems in the Australian pipeline sector.
Research into organisational safety informed the update process of several parts of AS 2885.1, including risk communication, high-consequence risk assessment and accountability.
- RP4-01 - Safety Incentive Schemes - In Progress
- RP4-02A – Sociology of Safety – Completed
- RP4-02B - Safety in Design - In Progress
- RP4-02C – Sociology of Safety Minor Work – Completed
- RP4-03 - Organisational Design - In Progress
- RP4-06 - Industry Seminars - In Progress
- RP6.4-02 - Sociological Analysis of San Bruno – Completed
- RP6.4-03 - Intergenerational Studies - Completed