- CEO's Update
- CRC Activities
- Communications Activities
- Cooperative Research Centres Association
- Industry Support
- Research Projects
- Research Update
Industry Impact Highlighted At Sydney Seminar
The 17th Energy Pipelines CRC/APGA RSC research seminar was held in Sydney on the 27th June 2018
Over 50 members from the Energy Pipelines CRC research teams and the APGA RSC attended the biannual seminar which showcased updates on key Energy Pipelines CRC research projects as well as ongoing joint industry projects and contributions from other research organisations. President of PRCI Cliff Johnson and Secretary General of EPRG Dr Marion Erdelen-Peppler, both members of an international tripartie with APGA, were also present to see first hand how research outcomes are directly delivered to the APGA RSC. All presentations generated large amount of discussion during the day.
Topics on the day were broad and covered a vast suite of Energy Pipelines CRC Research. Including;
- Updates on a new drilling damage impact testing rig located at the University of Wollongong;
- Developments on the field trials of a new conduit testing probe to examine coatings damage during Horizontal directional drilling (HDD);
- Findings related to testing voltages for Holiday field testing;
- Updates on a project related to Post Weld Heat Treatments delivered by Dr Anna Paradowska from ANSTO.
In the evening, an insightful talk was given by John van Weel from Jemena as part of the APGA RSC’s lessons learnt dinner series. The Energy Pipelines CRC and APA Group were the key event sponsors for this dinner.
Energy Pipelines CRC Seminars are complimentary to all APGA RSC member company employees and Energy Pipelines CRC researchers. If you have not attended one before it is well worth considering. These events give thorough updates on current research as well as the opportunity to network with other members. The next Energy Pipelines CRC/ APGA RSC Seminar will be held in Brisbane on the 7th November 2018.
Recordings of all talks presented on the day will be available shortly on the Energy Pipelines CRC website members’ area. If you are a member of an APGA RSC member company and would like access to these presentations, please contact Matthew Byers.