- CEO's Update
- CRC Activities
- Communications Activities
- Cooperative Research Centres Association
- Industry Support
- Research Projects
- Research Update
CEO's Update October 2018
Under our Grant funding arrangements with the Commonwealth, Energy Pipelines CRC must submit a detailed Annual Report to the Commonwealth by 31 October each year.
Accordingly, during October the management team were focussed on finalising the Report and the supporting documents, including the Statutory Accounts, the Schedule 2 milestone report and the Schedule 4 financial tables.
The Board met in mid-October to review the draft Report and to approve the Statutory Accounts prior to submission
Some snippets from the Annual Report include:
- 33 contracted Commonwealth milestones were completed in 2017-18. This brings the total to 297 of 302 milestones to be completed by 30 June 2018, representing a 98.3% completion rate. There are a further 36 milestones to be completed by 30 June 2019.
- 86 research projects have been completed throughout the life of the Energy Pipelines CRC, including 8 in the year to 30 June 2018. There are currently 17 projects in progress.
- 28 research reports on Commonwealth Schedule 2 work were made available to the APGA RSC members and researchers.
- 23 research articles were published - 14 journal papers, 8 conference papers, and 1 book chapter. 6 research articles were published in industry trade journals during the year
- Cumulative staff in kind to 30 June 2018 amounted to 124.7 FTEs against an agreed total budget (June 2019) of 116.2 FTEs.
Additionally, we are on track to meet our non staff in kind obligations by 30 June 2019.
Project research expenditure for the year was $3.2 million of which $1.9 million was for CRC funded activities and $1.3 million was for the CCS RDD project. Cumulative project research expenditure to 30 June 2018, which includes CRC and non-CRC funded activities amounted to $18.7 million.
The 2017-18 Annual Report also includes a “Wind-up Plan” and an “Exit Report” as required by the Commonwealth. The Wind-up Plan is a version of our plan to transition from a CRC funded activity from 30 June 2019, subject to agreement by our Participants.
The Exit Report is a concise summary of our achievements over our funded life. The 2017-18 reports are “practice runs” – we will provide a final Wind-up Plan and Exit Report in the 2018-19 Annual Report to the Commonwealth.
The contents of the Exit Report are used as a base for a coffee table style book that is to be published by early 2019.
I would like to thank our team for their dedicated efforts in ensuring the Annual Report and supporting information was completed on time, whilst also maintaining their day jobs. Thanks also to the continued support of all Participants in Energy Pipelines CRC. It is greatly appreciated.